Where can I find an MSI file for the Blue Jeans Plugin?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Brittany Lucero - Community Manager, BJN

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Community Team

Community Team, Community Admin

• 5,652 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Brittany - The Outlook Add-in msi setup file is designed in two ways and the User Admin should select the appropriate file for deployment, as per the requirement.The two types are explained below with the respected download links:

Per Machine: This setup will install the add-in on a per machine (HKLM) basis and will need Admin rights for installation. This will suit in the Citrix and RDS environment above (multiple users on same machine).
Download link:https://swdl.bluejeans.com/outlookplugin/RELEASE/PerMachine/Blue+Jeans+Outlook+Addin.msi

Per User: This setup will install the add-in on a per user (HKCU) basis and will not need Admin rights for installation. This may suit in the SCCM and GPO tools above, depending on the Admin requirement.
Download link:https://swdl.bluejeans.com/outlookplugin/RELEASE/PerUser/Blue+Jeans+Outlook+Addin.msi

Thank you!
Photo of Heather Potter

Heather Potter, Champion

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
do you have a true working solution to deploying the outlook plugin through SCCM?  instructions that are known to work?  We are having major issues as our users do not have admin rights on their machines.
Photo of Community Team

Hi @Heather sorry you're having issues. We are opening a ticket for you now and a support engineer will reach out asap. Thank you!
Photo of Community Team

Hi @Heather - just got word from one of our support agents, Ryan, that you were able to have this issue resolved. What was the outcome? Let us know if you need further help. Thanks!
Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can these be published on the normal 'Plugins & Downloads' page?  Maybe under an advanced section for IT Administrators?  It's a pain to have to come search for this when new versions of the plugin are released.
Good Point! Just passed this on to our Sr. Director of Support who will get back to you here. Thanks!
Photo of Jason Watkins

Jason Watkins

• 60 Points
Hello,

Are these plugins for use with MS Outlook? I installed the one for all users and I was still prompted to install a plugin when I tried to join a meeting.
Hi Jason - Yes just for MS Outlook. You will have to install the Blue Jeans plugin each time you join from a new browser. If you stick with the same browser you should only have to do this once! Hope this helps. 
Photo of Jason Watkins

Jason Watkins

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is there a way to install the plugin for all users of a Windows computer, so that each time a different user logs in, they do not have to install any plugin?
Photo of Heather Potter

Heather Potter, Champion

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jason, we have deployed the plugin through SCCM by choosing to run as system. When you do that, it does install for each person that logs on to the machine. However, the one catch is that the user logs in, opens Outlook which then gets configured for that user and then it pops up to "install" the plugin. Our users just click Install and it works fine since it was installed by system. Hope this helps!
Photo of Jason Watkins

Jason Watkins

Unfortunately I do not have SCCM to work with. My target audience is classroom computers where every login results in a new profile, even for users who have logged into the same machine multiple times. I have IBM Endpoint Manager (IEM) which can deploy software. I just need to make sure that I deploy the right package. MS Outlook is not used by classroom computers. It is not even installed there. Thanks
Photo of Philip - Lead Engineer

Philip - Lead Engineer, Customer Success Team

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jason,

The BlueJeans downloads page contains the MSI files for both the Outlook Add-In and the browser plugin.  Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

https://bluejeans.com/downloads
Photo of Jason Watkins

Jason Watkins

The page is what I was working for, but the process didn't work. I deployed the MSI file via IEM to the client machines and they still asked for a plugin when I went to join the test meeting. Where in the registry does the plugin keep its information? Also, where on the filesystem are the installed files placed, when the installation is done with no one logged in to Windows 7? Thanks
Hi Jason - Thanks for keeping us updated. I opened up a support case and asked our team to respond here in the Community. Your support ticket # is: 00079387 for your reference. Hopefully we see a resolution soon!
The following was posted in the case as well.
----
Dear Jason,

I see your comment of "still asked for a plugin when I went to join the test meeting"
This sounds like an issue with the browser plug-in and not the Outlook add-in. The Outlook add-in is for scheduling within Outlook while the browser plug-in is for the actual meeting in the browser.
While the Outlook add-in has MSI files for Per Machine vs Per User, the browser plug-in is currently installed for per user only and doesn't support roaming.

We will have another install package for Per Machine soon instead of just the existing Per User install for the browser plug-in, I'd expect this to be available within the next couple of weeks or so.

Thank you,

Nelson Seto 
Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

Thanks for that update - that clears up the confusion.  The Outlook 'Per Machine' plugin seems to work as it should, one install covers the whole machine.  Very much looking forward to the 'Per Machine' install of the browser plugin. 

One other issue that I hope is addressed is the request for iexplorer.exe to be able to make firewall changes which require admin credentials.  This happens the first time a user joins via the browser.  Hitting the cancel button still seems to allow the user to participate successfully, but we get numerous helpdesk calls and complaints about the requirement of admin credentials at that prompt.  Needless to say, we don't allow our enterprise users admin access on the machines.

Photo of Kevin Street

Kevin Street

• 62 Points
Hi Nelson,

I've just come across this searching for a per-machine install for the BlueJeans plugin, as our environment is non-resistant and our users are not administrators so cannot install the plugin when they need it.

You mentioned the per-machine installer would probably be available in the next couple of weeks - can you provide any firmer timeline on it? I'm trying to avoid having to somehow botch the per-user install to work for all users.

Many thanks!
Hi Kevin,

That MSI can now be obtained by writing to support@bluejeans.com.   It's a controlled release so you'll need to write to support to get the link and the details on that MSI.

Thank you,
Nelson
Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

This is crazy.  Why can't it be published regularly to the support site under an 'Advanced' section for Network Administrators?
Photo of Matt Harman

Matt Harman

• 70 Points
Hello, I can't get the Outlook 2007 to see the addin.  I've deployed per user by SCCM.      :(

Hi Matt,

Our Outlook Add-In only support Microsoft Outlook for Windows (2010, 2013)
Photo of Matt Harman

Matt Harman

• 70 Points
Thanks Phillip but I believe it actually does work in 2007.

I was able to add it after installing the Visual Tools 2010 for Office runtime (x64).   I added it as a dependency to the blue jeans app in SCCM.

I also used the user msi version support provided me.

Here's an image.

(Edited)

Hi Matt,

Thats good to hear that you were able to push it.  Is the Add-in working ok for the users under 2007 running the Visual Tools 2010?
Photo of Jason Arnold

Jason Arnold

• 72 Points
Has anyone gotten the links to the .msi files to work?  I click on them and am taken to a page with an XML file, or if I right-click and 'Save As' I get a "Failed - Server Problem" message.  I just need an .msi file I can deploy via GPO.
Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

They used to work, they fail for me as well.  BlueJeans isn't the best at updating the installer links to their newest versions. 

Your best bet is to contact support and tell them what you need. Make sure you specify if you want the PER USER install or the PER MACHINE install.  They used to be different installers.