We have the Polycom VSX 7000 and like to know if we are able to use the Blue Jeans cloud bridge.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
We have the Polycom VSX 7000 and like to know if we are able to use the Blue Jeans cloud bridge. I do not see on the site that the VSX 7000 can be used.
Photo of Beverly

Beverly

• 74 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,576 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Beverly,

Yes! As long as the endpoint is set up to make outbound SIP or H.323 calls, you will be able to use it with BlueJeans. You would want to place a call into our BlueJeans IP: 199.48.152.152 or SIP address: @bjn.vc then enter the meeting ID for the meeting.

Please refer to our connecting Room Systems guide for more details:
https://support.bluejeans.com/knowledge/connecting-from-room-system

Regards,
Lee
Photo of Craig Ernst

Craig Ernst, Champion

• 2,458 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
The important question is if you're running a more recent version of the VSX software. If you're not, it is possible you may encounter issues. We recently saw another post that had issues and based on that information they were running an old version of software. Now, I can't verify the end result there, but just a heads up. But yes, I use VSX7000's and VSX8000's with the service, but they were on the most recently available versions of release software.
Photo of Ben Hutchison

Ben Hutchison, Official Rep

• 2,038 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
We have a Polycom VSX 7000A running firmware 9.0.6.1 from September 2010 and it can connect to BlueJeans just fine. I successfully made a SIP call using the dial string 10990@199.48.152.152 and an H.323 call using 199.48.152.152##10990.

Our endpoint seems to have an issue where the video resolution isn't very high, though; it tops out at 576p. Maybe it needs some reconfiguration or a gatekeeper/proxy.