Timeline for 1080p on room systems

• Question
  • Updated 5 days ago
Can anybody at Bluejeans give us a rough estimate as to when we might get higher resolutions/bandwidth on room systems? Nothing detailed. "Soon", "Medium", "long" would be good enough!

I kinda feel like Room systems are not treated as 1st class citizens in BJ anymore. 

I have 36 CISCO SX80's. Using them at 1.5Mb/s 720p is like driving a Ferrari at 35Mph instead of 70.
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

• 774 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,576 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I do not have a clear ETA as to when we will start supporting higher resolutions in BlueJeans, but it is a feature that is currently being worked on.

I cannot give a rough estimate because new features go through rigorous testing to ensure the product performs as it should, sometimes causing the release date to change.

All I can say is stay tuned!

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Smithwerks

Smithwerks

• 70 Points
DB Vid - we're in the same boat. SX80s/4K-capable Room PCs site wide and always streaming meetings and events to remote users with 1080p+ capable devices. 

We greatly enjoy the BlueJeans/Level III flexibility and dynamic deployment, but are eagerly anticipating the ability to deliver higher-quality content to our users.
Photo of Ryan Bateman

Ryan Bateman

• 60 Points
Agreed, We switched from GoToMeeting and it was great at delivering very high quality video feeds from our Cisco codecs.  I've been very disappointed at the poor video 
Photo of Scott Borcherdt

Scott Borcherdt

• 64 Points
Has there been any update on this?
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

• 774 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I was in a product discussion in primetime last month about future plans. They do have plans to get higher bandwidth/resolutions/framerates for room codecs soon (what soon is I'm not sure)