Timeline for 1080p on room systems

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
Can anybody at Bluejeans give us a rough estimate as to when we might get higher resolutions/bandwidth on room systems? Nothing detailed. "Soon", "Medium", "long" would be good enough!

I kinda feel like Room systems are not treated as 1st class citizens in BJ anymore. 

I have 36 CISCO SX80's. Using them at 1.5Mb/s 720p is like driving a Ferrari at 35Mph instead of 70.
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,158 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I do not have a clear ETA as to when we will start supporting higher resolutions in BlueJeans, but it is a feature that is currently being worked on.

I cannot give a rough estimate because new features go through rigorous testing to ensure the product performs as it should, sometimes causing the release date to change.

All I can say is stay tuned!

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Smithwerks

Smithwerks

• 70 Points
DB Vid - we're in the same boat. SX80s/4K-capable Room PCs site wide and always streaming meetings and events to remote users with 1080p+ capable devices. 

We greatly enjoy the BlueJeans/Level III flexibility and dynamic deployment, but are eagerly anticipating the ability to deliver higher-quality content to our users.
Photo of Ryan Bateman

Ryan Bateman

• 60 Points
Agreed, We switched from GoToMeeting and it was great at delivering very high quality video feeds from our Cisco codecs.  I've been very disappointed at the poor video