Remove moderator passcode

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
How do you remove a moderator passcode ? I cannot remove it, just change it for end users, so they all end up with something easy such as 1111, which is pointless having the same code for everyone!
Photo of Adam

Adam

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Erin Pickle

Erin Pickle, Official Rep

• 1,004 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Adam!

There's not a way to completely remove moderator passcodes, but you could set meetings up to not require a moderator when scheduling so that users would only have to enter their meeting ID. You can find information on enabling this here: https://support.bluejeans.com/knowledge/moderator-less-meeting.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Best,

Erin - BlueJeans Support 
Photo of Kathryn_Moderator

Kathryn_Moderator

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Hmm.  I feel like there is still some confusion here.  Normal meeting participants DO NOT need to enter a  passcode to enter a meeting, ever. The passcode is always optional to join a meeting. If entered, it will give that user the right to mute others' video and audio and to start a Bluejeans recording.  The same is true for both moderated meetings and moderatorless meetings - no passcodes are ever needed by the average participant to join the meeting.

In a "moderator required" meeting, it is true that someone with a passcode must connect in order to allow users to communicate in the space, but others who join that same meeting DO NOT need passcodes. I always use "moderatorless" meetings because it allows any two individuals who join to begin communicating at that time. Passcodes only function give a participant elevated rights, and only one (1) person needs to have elevated rights in a "moderator required" meeting.

Photo of Kathryn_Moderator

Kathryn_Moderator

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Just tell your meeting participants that no passcode is required to join the meeting.  Then if you choose to use "moderator required" meetings, give the passcode to one person and tell them to join early so that others do not need to wait for them in silence!