Polycom HDX 9001 able to bridge w/ Blue Jeans?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
We have the Polycom HDX 9001 and like to know if we are able to use the Blue Jeans cloud bridge. I do not see on the site that the HDX 9001 can be used. That's unless the webpage has not been updated. 

Thank You, 
Mark 
Photo of Mark Reaser

Mark Reaser

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Craig Ernst

Craig Ernst, Champion

• 2,458 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
We have Polycom HDX 7000s, 8000s, and 9000s (9001, 9002, and 9004) and use them all just fine with Blue Jeans.
Photo of Community Team

Community Team, Community Admin

• 5,652 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Craig. 
@Mark - is it a Blue Jeans webpage or Polycom?
Photo of Mark Reaser

Mark Reaser

Blue Jeans page. 
Photo of VD

VD, !Engineer!

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing on BJN community. Please refer below URL which states how to dail out from Polycom Units to BJN cloud. We have not mentioned any specific models for any vendor in this webpage, however any endpoint which has H323/Sip Stack can dial into BJN.

http://bluejeans.force.com/KnowledgeSearch/articles/Knowledge_Base/Connecting-Room-System-video-devi...

Below is the Firewall configuration which you need to make to let the call Out/In.
http://bluejeans.force.com/KnowledgeSearch/articles/Knowledge_Base/Cannot-dial-into-Blue-Jeans-using...

Let me know if you need further help in setting things up.

Regards.

//VD
Photo of Mark Reaser

Mark Reaser

Thank you all for your input. Have another Question. How is the Codec bridging a call between a Standard Definition room and a Hi-Definition room? Is there any video lag, freeze frames, artifacts or macro blocking? Much appreciate all your help. These issues are what I see in transcoding in different format video standards.

Thanks,
Mark
Photo of VD

VD, !Engineer!

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
@Mark,

To start with, like traditional MCUs we dont follow the religion of logical ports, which can be configured to do HD or SD calls only. To us (BJN MCU) we get the video feed, be it SD or HD we
just pass it on to receiving endpoints. There are different deciding factor for call quality and resolution. Bandwidth, jitter, delay, loss  all play a major role on call quality if you talk about room system. Computer configuration and CPU etc plays a major role  for browser calls.
        Transcoding between SD and HD (on resolution side), Or Sip and H323  (On Signaling side) etc is done internally by BJN MCU  and i have not come across any quality issues as such till now reported by customers.

Thanks,
  //VD