No Video Output since upgrading to Windows 10 1803

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago

I have a problem with the Bluejeans app on Windows 10. I believe I’m not the only one.

The problem is I cannot see my own camera (USB webcam or laptop) or anyone else who is in the meeting. People in the meeting can see me ok. I cannot see shared content, but I can hear everyone ok and they can hear me.

I have tried removing and reinstalling Bluejeans. Both versions 1.3x and 2.x (2.x doesn’t even start I just get a white screen).

Skype and Jabber work normally so I don’t think its hardware.

I’m on Windows 10 1803 with all the latest updates. My Antivirus has been updated to the latest I believe. I’ve installed and run it on a vanilla Windows 10 1803 build without issue. So it must be some combination of Antivirus and policies on Windows 10 1803.

Photo of Adam

Adam

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Erin Pickle

Erin Pickle, Official Rep

• 1,006 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Adam,

Thank you for reporting this issue! I see that a case was also created for this (#00463049) and I've sent you an email so that I can investigate further.

Best regards,

Erin - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Jon Chan

Jon Chan

• 60 Points
We have same problem here. It worked the 1st time 3 weeks ago. 
Photo of Adam

Adam

Hi Jon,  We got to the bottom of my issue. We tested everything, tested everything with Bluejeans assistance. Built a PC to the version of Win 10 that we had issue with.

End result....we had to delete the User profile and re-create.

Could not knuckle this down to Blue Jeans, but to Windows Profile. Quite frustrating as no one wants to re-create the profile having to backup all data.
Photo of Michael Lawman

Michael Lawman

• 60 Points
Interesting as I'd never have looked at profiles, codecs, drivers chipset updates yes, but not that. Did you consider rolling back to the previous version? FYI, we're struggling with some users on the latest vesion having issues but older versions giving no issues. For us, deletting profiles is not a solution we could even think about. Thanks for update,
Photo of Priyank BJN_Support

Priyank BJN_Support, Official Rep

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jon and Michael,

We have come across a behavior where after windows update, camera access in privacy gets disabled. Could you please refer this article - https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-camera-and-privacy and let me know if that's the same case. 

If it's already enabled then kindly let me know and I will open a case and work with you accordingly. 

Regards,
Priyank 
Photo of Adam

Adam

Michael - quite right, but we had to test it, we’ve only had this instance on one computer, all happened after a version of Win10 update not pushed through WSUS but manually by a user.

Deleting profiles are not the answer - I’m sure we all cannot \ could not be in the very same situation.

I think you can also test joining through your online account rather than a meeting request which might give a different workaround