New Outlook add-in update 3.0.270 Update

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
New #AWESOME Outlook add-in update!

We have deployed a new version of Outlook add-in (3.0.270) which addresses the following fixes:

-  Add-in will get the advanced meeting options every time user tries scheduling a meeting.  
-  Show moderator hyperlink, only for word installed, non-word we will support in the next major release
-  Allow user to send invites to 25+ participants (even when not having extended capacity)

-  Error while cancelling the login window

Let us know here how you like it!

@teddfox
Photo of Tedd Fox

Tedd Fox, Official Rep

• 3,690 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
  • AWESOME

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Where do we get it?  Version on http://bluejeans.com/downloads is old.
Photo of Tedd Fox

Tedd Fox, Official Rep

@lucas, 

We will be updating the link today :-)  
Photo of Neil Cotton

Neil Cotton

• 60 Points
Hi Lucas
I changed the URL from the old to 3.0.270, as below and it seems to work
http://swdl.bluejeans.com/outlookplugin/RELEASE/BlueJeansOutlookAddin_3.0.270.exe
Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

Thanks Tedd.  When will we be able to customize the template text on the invite enterprise-wide?  We were told that this functionality should be available sometime this year.

We'd really like to customize the text for all invites to make it stupid easy for users, to literally walk them through the steps we want them to take as per OUR internal best practices.

Thanks,

Lucas

Photo of Robin Farrand

Robin Farrand

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This feature ^^ please!
Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

• 1,026 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Has anyone else noticed that enable conference auto record is now greyed out in the advanced meeting options? will it be coming back soon?
Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

Actually only when using new ID not personal meeting, if you flick between the 2 it enables the box again! presumably a little bug somewhere?
Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

It looks like the recording option is grayed out (not editable) if you select 'Use Personal Meeting ID'.  However if you change it to 'Use New Meeting ID' then it makes the recording box editable.

I would guess this is probably by design.  Recording for your PERSONAL meeting ID is a setting on your BlueJeans.com 'My Meeting' settings.  If you go find your personal meeting on BlueJeans.com and click 'Advanced Meeting Options', then you can Enable Auto-Recording.

This then updates the setting in the Outlook plugin.  I wish it was editable in the Outlook plugin and then it would write the setting BACK to the default meeting options on your profile.

-Lucas

Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

Thanks Lucas I get the opposite behaviour, I can uncheck and check the personal id, but not the new meeting id - until I click personal, then back to new id - its definitely a bug
Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

Ah! I poked around a bit more to see if I could get it to do it.  Initially I was creating a new calendar appointment and adding in the BlueJeans details and clicking options. 

I don't think you are creating a meeting invite.  You are just clicking the down-arrow on the BlueJeans plugin and clicking 'Scheduling Defaults'?

When I go into Scheduling Defaults, I see a different view.  I have two tabs across the top for New Meeting ID or Personal Meeting ID. 

When I go into these Scheduling Default options, I see the same behavior that you see.  Confusing!

Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

See I see it in the create new meeting and not the default scheduling bit - weird!! :) hopefully someone from Bluejeans will class this as a bug/something not right!
Photo of Lucas Phelps

Lucas Phelps

I have a different question -- why does the new plugin show you the meeting invite twice.  Once right atop another.  The bottom version in the meeting body shows

***DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ANY OF THE MODERATOR CONTENT BELOW THIS LINE***

What is the point of the two versions -- so confusing to my users. 

Also, get rid of the marketing bullsh*t.  Get rid of 'Visit BlueJeans.com' and 'Blue Jeans Network 2015'.  Why is that crap necessary..it just clusters up the invite and makes it more confusing.

Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

I just delete it all anyway despite it saying don't change and it works fine :)
Photo of Tedd Fox

Tedd Fox, Official Rep

That is the MODERATOR information so you (the organizer/moderator) can see the info on other devices that are NOT Outlook (like your iDevice for example). 
Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

Thanks Tedd, can I note the bug above or do I need to create a new thread for it?
Photo of Tedd Fox

Tedd Fox, Official Rep

You can, but I would report it via the support rep or CSM so we can properly track it internally and give you updates outside of this forum.  
Photo of Nathan Maharaj

Nathan Maharaj

• 782 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Love the latest update to the add-in. Huge improvement in prompting sign-in, which makes the flow so much better. I still wonder, though: why do I have to sign in so frequently? Can't the BlueJeans Outlook Add-In keep me logged in?