meeting not showing in polycom hdx 7000 endpoint calendar

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
we are integrating the polycom device with blue jeans network via bj relay. relay is working fine but the schedule meeting does not show in polycom endpoint calendar. the meeting is there in the exchange calendar but the polycom endpoint  calendar show blank meeting.
Photo of Gaurav Pandey

Gaurav Pandey

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,178 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Gaurav,

There are a few things that I would like for you to try:
  1. Check to ensure that endpoint is online. Sign into Relay admin panel on the web and ping the endpoint.
  2. Check to see the status of the scheduled meeting in Relay, does it show the meeting title or private meeting? If so, make sure that in the Exchange Management Shell the enable meeting titles and one-touch joining command shows: "Delete Comments $false".
  3. If you can confirm these settings are in place, we will want to confirm that read-only access has been granted as outlined in the Exchange Calendar Setup for Relay.
Please let me know if you are able to resolve this issue with the steps I have provided.

Regards,
Lee
Photo of Gaurav Pandey

Gaurav Pandey

Hello Lee,

all these settings are in place and the listener service logs also pulling the calendar from exchange.  we have followed the document and the calendar entries are showing in relay.bluejeans.com and the endpoint is alive and pinging.

But we are not able to see the calendar in polycom endpoint. we can see that if we use the  android touch relay app, but our requirement is different. we want to see the meeting in polycom endpoint calendar and join from there.

what are we missing here.
Photo of Ben Hutchison

Ben Hutchison, Employee

• 1,796 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
In the endpoint's web configuration, can you go to Admin Settings > Global Services > Calendaring Service and make sure the form is filled out correctly?
  • Enable Calendaring Service should be enabled, with a green checkmark icon next to the checkbox.
  • Microsoft Exchange Server Address should be the IP address of your Listener Service, with the port 8443 (example: 192.168.1.100:8443)
  • Domain should be a random alphanumeric string
  • Username should be an alphanumeric string that is the ID of the endpoint in Relay
  • Mailbox should be the endpoint ID followed by @endpoints.relay.bjn.vc
If these are not set correctly, then the Listener Service is unable to log in to your endpoint, so you should check the endpoint's IP address, username, and password in the Relay admin site.

If these are already set correctly, then either the HDX is not polling the Listener Service for calendars correctly (which can usually be cleared up by rebooting the HDX), or the Listener Service is unable to reach the Relay servers to fetch the calendar events for the HDX. You can check the Listener Service logs (logs/listenerService.log in the installation directory) to see if there are any errors while handling FindItem requests from the HDX.
Photo of Gaurav Pandey

Gaurav Pandey

Hi Ben,

i have configured one more polycom endpoint but the calendar is still not showing in inbuilt polycom device calendar whereas i am able to see the calendar in android relay touch app. We are not using polycom HDX with touch control. It just a polycom HDX 7000/8000 with customise iPad. is the touch control required? will it not work without polucom touch control?
(Edited)
Photo of Ben Hutchison

Ben Hutchison, Employee

• 1,796 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The meetings should appear in the HDX's on-screen calendar interface, but there is a limitation of the HDX where you cannot actually join the meetings unless you use a connected Polycom Touch Control. The HDX's on-screen calendar interface doesn't have a join button for you to activate with the remote control, it just lists the meetings and all you can do is view their details.

For joining one-touch scheduled BlueJeans meetings on an HDX, the options are limited to Polycom Touch Control or an Android tablet running Relay Touch (or building a custom API integration if you have a lot of time on your hands, I guess).
Photo of Gaurav Pandey

Gaurav Pandey

thanks ben..