MacOS and the BlueJeans App

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Greetings! We've been having some small but persistent issues with the BlueJeans app on our Macs.

Very consistently when you click on "Leave Meeting" it will not actually leave, you have to try and quit the entire app and then leave the meeting in order for it to close.

The second issue on many of our Macs, but not all, is when joining meetings with a browser link the app will not open automatically and the "Launch the App" link does nothing - they have to download and install the app each time, then manually enter the meetingID. The app also does not seem to be properly installed after.

These two issues might be unrelated, but they only happen on Macs, and it seems only after we updated to Sierra. Anyone else experience this?
Photo of Eric Mulligan

Eric Mulligan

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Radhika@BJsupport

Radhika@BJsupport, Official Rep

• 6,252 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Eric,

Thank you for reporting the problem experienced on Sierra machines. They are not a known issues at our end. Support case 00387824 is raised for investigating same.

Thank you,

Radhika Chatur
Photo of Mark T Ziegler

Mark T Ziegler

• 72 Points
I have the same issue. Every time I attempt to join a meeting it automatically tries to download the app, which never completely installs. Every time I've attempted to install the app it just hangs with spinning progress indicator until I eventually give up and force quit.

Photo of Ashwin BJN Support

Ashwin BJN Support, Official Rep

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark, 

I have opened a support case 00402308 for your issue. Will follow-up by email shortly.

Thanks, 
Ashwin
Photo of Adam Martin

Adam Martin

• 60 Points
You are installing the Large Scale Deployment version of BlueJeans for Mac correct? https://support.bluejeans.com/knowledge/app-large-deployment or more specifically, https://swdl.bluejeans.com/desktop/mac/1.32/1.32.7/BlueJeans.1.32.7.pkg
Photo of Mark T Ziegler

Mark T Ziegler

• 72 Points
I was, yes. The problem seems to have resolved itself. 
Photo of Ben Hoefel

Ben Hoefel

• 60 Points
I am having the same problem. Used both the plug in install and the LSD package on my Mac. BlueJeans now fails to open the app on the desktop.
Photo of Radhika@BJsupport

Radhika@BJsupport, Official Rep

• 5,548 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ben,

Thank you reporting the issue. Support case 00434782 is raised for the issue investigation.You will receive an email from our support team in this regard.

Thank you,

Radhika Chatur
BlueJeans Support Team