Issue with Webcam showing me upside down

• Question
  • Updated 16 hours ago
  • Acknowledged
I've got a Lenovo thinkpad and when I enter the Video app everyone looks fine except me.  I'm shown upside down.  Does anyone else have this problem?  In my display on the webcam on the computer I look fine; it's only in Bluejeans...Help!
Photo of Alan Rozendaal

Alan Rozendaal

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Erin Pickle

Erin Pickle, Official Rep

• 1,006 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alan! I've created a support case so that we can investigate further. You should receive an email shortly. 
Photo of Sumie Uchiyama

Sumie Uchiyama

• 60 Points
Hi, my colleague has the exact same issue. What is the solution?
Photo of Radhika@BJsupport

Radhika@BJsupport, Official Rep

• 6,026 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sumie,

Thank you for reporting the issue.Support case 476811 is raised in order to investigate the issue.You will be contacted by our support team.

Thank you,

Radhika Chatur
Bluejeans Support Team
Photo of Moises Gonzalez

Moises Gonzalez

• 62 Points
I am having the same issue with a Lenovo T480s, has there been a resolution to the issue?
(Edited)
Photo of Angga Reza Fardana

Angga Reza Fardana

• 60 Points
Hi, I am using Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen and also having the same issue with the latest Bluejeans app version 2.6.536 .0 under Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.165
Photo of Sue Rathie Csinger

Sue Rathie Csinger

• 60 Points
I am also upside down on a Lenovo Thinkpad under Windows 10 when using BlueJeans app v2.6.786.0. Is this being worked on? Skype/etc. is normal...

• 6,016 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sue,

Thank you for posting the issue. It is a known issue with Bluejeans app v2.6 in specific machine models. It should get fixed in our next version release which is coming in early august. We have created support case 00490188 to follow up with you in this regard.

Thank you,

Radhika Chatur
BlueJeans Support Team
Photo of Marc Brandenburg

Marc Brandenburg

• 60 Points
This is still not fixed. I just downloaded latest client 2.7.513.  Running Win 10 in a VMWare VDI session on a MAC.  

• 6,016 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Marc,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Support case 00505643 is raised for follow up on your issue.

Thank you,

Radhika Chatur
Bluejeans Support Team
Photo of Greg Wiley

Greg Wiley

• 60 Points
I'm having a similar issue with my Lenovo Yoga 910 in tent mode - the video shows me upside down.

• 6,026 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Greg,

Thank you for reporting the issue. We have raised a support case 00505639 to investigate the issue further. You will receive a follow up email from support on your registered email address.

Thank you,

Radhika Chatur
Bluejeans Support Team
Photo of Nick Search

Nick Search

• 70 Points
I just came off Bluejeans again and am having exactly the same problem - I'm upside down to all the other attendees! Funny at first but this is now the 3rd Bluejeans conf call we've had with me participating upside down and I need to fix it! Lenovo laptop etc etc - Help
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,084 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Nick,

The issue was fixed in our BlueJeans 2.7 application version. What method are you using to connect and what application version? (if you are using the app).

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Nick Search

Nick Search

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Lee
I'm on a Virgin Media ethernet cable to the internet and I also did the Update Software option in my Bluejeans options earlier and it confirmed I have the latest version. 
Rgds nick 
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,556 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Nick,

I would recommend checking that the drivers are up to date for your internal webcam. Can you confirm the version number of the BlueJeans App?

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Nick Search

Nick Search

Hi Lee
No idea how to update an internal webcam?? Where would the version number be?
Pls advise
Nick
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,556 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Nick,

The driver version would depend on what type of Machine you have as well as a few other factors. To check your desktop app version, please open the app and click on the menu in the top-left, then click About BlueJeans.
Photo of Nick Search

Nick Search

Aha. Its version 2.7.513.0

Photo of Emily Brauer Gill

Emily Brauer Gill

• 60 Points
I am having the same issue- help!
Photo of Nick Search

Nick Search

Hi Emily
Fraid my feedback from Bluejeans didn't help and I gave up after spending hours trying to sort. I just turn off video everytime I use it now. I think I established its an issue with Bluejeans on Lenovo laptops so I'm guessing you have one of those. Good luck and sorry I couldn't be more helpful.  
Photo of Torin McCormack

Torin McCormack

• 60 Points
I'm running version 2.8.583.0 and have this issue.  Running Win10 in a VMWare environment.
Photo of Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

• 70 Points
Hi BlueJeans. After installing the new updates from BlueJeans, I am now displayed upside down as well (and yes- Lenovo laptop like the others).  Judging by this thread, this has been a known problem for over a year! I can't get on  a BlueJeans call upside-down! Has there been any progress on this?
Photo of Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

• 70 Points
I found a fix. In a BlueJeans call, go to Settings, then Camera, and then choose Integrated Camera.
Photo of Nick Search

Nick Search

Fraid I'm still upside down Chris...