I can't view shared screen

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
I have only recently been exposed to BlueJeans.  New customer contacts I am working with use it. I have no issues with any other screen sharing technology, but with BlueJeans, I am unable to see anything but black when someone shares their screen. There are other visual irregularities, such as parts of the application "double displaying" over top of existing stuff, but I really just need to be able to see someone's shared screen.  I've searched for a solution, but every time I see that someone has asked this question, a support ticket has been opened (which is great, but there are no further posts to that topic, and therefore no information or troubleshooting tips for me to try).
Photo of Dan Sabo

Dan Sabo

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Erin Pickle

Erin Pickle, Official Rep

• 930 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Dan,

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're experiencing. Typically not being able to view screen share is due to your network/firewall not being configured for BlueJeans. A case (#00490295) was created for this so that I can follow up further to gather the necessary information to confirm that is the reason for the issue you're experiencing. 

Best regards,

Erin - BlueJeans Support 

Photo of Dan Sabo

Dan Sabo

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Given that I have never needed to configure my network/firewall for other screen sharing technologies to work, any pointers would be appreciated.