How can I embed a video into another web page?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
I would like to embed one of my recordings on our company intranet (wordpress). Is this possible?
Photo of Ben Sullins

Ben Sullins

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Carl Springer

Carl Springer

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I do not think so, however it would be a great new feature. Especially something simple like an iframe link
Hello Ben,

Embedding videos into your own intranet (i.e or wordpress, wiki ) is not supported. But we do have customized API’s that can link a blue jeans link to your page.

(Edited)
Photo of Ben Sullins

Ben Sullins

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
what does that mean " a customized api" ?
Photo of Alex Willen

Alex Willen

• 896 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ben,

We don't currently have a way to embed the player, but we have REST APIs that allow you to access your recordings. They support both downloading of the media files or retrieval of the link to our player. If you'd like more info on those, shoot me an email at awillen [at] bluejeansnet [dot] com.

-Alex
Photo of Craig Ernst

Craig Ernst, Champion

• 2,458 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
*BUMP*

Sure the API is nice, but not as nice as a user going to their recording, pressing a button that shows a window with the necessary HTML in it, copying that, and pasting it into their page. They don't want to go to another page after that, meaning clicking the link to go to your web page to view it. I finally got my first question about this. Ideally the embed code includes the options for selecting which version of the video to play along the bottom, too.
Photo of John Stringer

John Stringer

• 62 Points
Totally agree, here. Seems this would be a standard offering given it's such a common user experience on platforms like Facebook and Youtube.  I'm on the trial and expected this option but was sadly disappointed after my first successful webinar.  Now, I'm working with a 11gb file for a 2hr webinar that would be so much easier to simply embed from Bluejeans!  Please add this as a new feature soon!
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,576 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello John.

Are you attempting to stream your meeting into Facebook? We offer a solution for Facebook Live broadcasting at this time.

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Shovan Sargunam

Shovan Sargunam

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
*BUMP*
Photo of Michael Losier

Michael Losier

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
After my LIVE FB via OnSocial, we then upload it to YouTUbe to get visitors there (as well as on my Facebook page).  Then we embed it into a blog.  Now the LIVE FB Event is in 3 places, FB, Youtube and on my blog.  Check it out here: https://www.michaellosier.com/blog