Higher Bandwidth than 1536 Kb/s please

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Planned
I know that around 1.5Mb/s seems to be a sweet spot, but it would be nice to be able to use higher bandwidth and resolutions with bluejeans since our VTC codecs support it. 

Is this something we might see in the not to distant future (1 year? 5?)

I understand that's a huge change for your infrastructure, but it would sure be nice to be able to have 1080p resolutions and bandwidth since many webcams (and of course VTC systems) support it.
Photo of DB

DB

• 474 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tedd Fox

Tedd Fox, Official Rep

• 3,690 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Doug, 

We are looking into supporting higher video resolutions that require higher bit rates. We are focusing on Room Systems (VTCs) initially. We will probably start rolling out this capability in a limited fashion in a few months time frame.

#staytuned,

@teddfox
Photo of DB

DB

• 474 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Tedd, Will this work with both SIP and H.323 room based units? We are looking to buy some CISCO SX10's and would LOVE to use that with bluejeans as room systems. That model is SIP only.
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Any updates on this?
Photo of Cody Goodermote

Cody Goodermote

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
We would also like higher bandwidth on our in room systems! Please make this a feature! 
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

Surprisingly quiet on this issue. Anybody from Bluejeans reading?
Photo of Ash Azzopardi

Ash Azzopardi, Champion

• 5,968 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
if you contact your CSR you should be able to request up to 4mb as a data stream cap.
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

Checked with the CSR, it's not available for room based systems connecting via H.323/SIP, only Browser connections. 

I wonder why they don't increase it? We have room based systems that can handle all the way up to 1080p60 at 8Mb/s. 
(Edited)
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

Thanks!