Getting guest's names when they join

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
Hello,

Often we are using Blue Jeans and allow some member (customers) company's engineers of our company to join these calls.   I think it should not be allowed for people to just say "guest".   I would like to know who is on these calls so it is my thought that Blue Jeans should make the person have to type a name: first and last when they join the calls.   Not sure if other users have this issue or need?

Thanks,   Mike
Photo of Mike Levine

Mike Levine

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Josh Brown

Josh Brown

• 70 Points
Good idea. Any updates on this?
Photo of Mike Levine

Mike Levine

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Josh,

Not that I recall.  Company meetings if someone joins as guest I boot them off the call.

Mike
Photo of Mike Kerr

Mike Kerr, Official Rep

• 1,530 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thank you Mike and Josh for the post and comments. Since Mike's original post, the one feature we have added is ability for the user to edit their own name in the participant's tab (moderator could then chat with the new guest telling them to complete their name.

Using guest as a default does speed up the entry for first-timers into the meeting. Will pass this thread along to our UI design team for their review.

Mike
Photo of Josh Brown

Josh Brown

• 70 Points
Thanks, Mike. Do Guests show up in the list of participants' names on the right side panel? When I last ran a meeting we had a lot of people from the public join in, and I noticed that in the chat box we had quite a few "Guest 4", "Guest 7" etc. type messages. When I looked over the participants' names, there were no "Guests" listed and they weren't part of the overall tally of participants. Is there a way to see how many guests are participating? Maybe I just don't understand how the system works. I appreciate your help.
Photo of Mike Kerr

Mike Kerr, Official Rep

• 1,530 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Josh, thanks for the quick reply. The name in the Participants roster should be the same as Chat.

Can you send me an email (mikek@bluejeans.com) with the meeting ID where you saw this? Include any other details. I'll investigate what may have happened.

Several ways to see the total number of participants: the number will be tucked inside the Participants icon in right-side menu, and, it will also be shown in the command center (during or after the meeting).

Mike
Photo of Steve Slaviero

Steve Slaviero

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike, 

I was looking for attendance tracking within BJN - as in getting a name and email of any guests that join via either Desktop, WebRTC or Mobile client.  It's kind of lacking...

As what WebEx currently does before joining a call.

I can imagine that a H.232 endpoint would be pretty much impossible to enforce this for.

This would be extremely useful when having a Webinar that the link is freely available on a website, that you don't exactly know who is going to join the call.

As well if you had a pre-organised meeting, you would want to know who that Guest is - in case you're discussing confidential info with a 3rd party.  Having "Guest" as the name wouldn't cut it...

Then this information could be referenced post call to see exactly who and what email they used to connect with for your Webinar.

Thanks ,
Steve
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,576 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Steve,

With our PrimeTime Events (some people refer to this as webinars), we have some added capabilities to secure events. We have Public Event that allows anyone to join, no BJN account needed. We also have the setting for Restricted Event, that allows only members of your Enterprise Group to join. They’ll be asked to enter their BJN credentials).

Another feature we have if restricted events is not an option is PrimeTime Event Registration, that allows control over events and requires attendees to register using a generic or customizable form, effectively giving event organizers greater visibility into who is attending the event. You can read more details here:

https://support.bluejeans.com/knowledge/primetime-event-registration

For our meetings platform, we do have the options to have the meeting require a passcode, so only people who have received the invite must have the passcode to attend.

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support