Free Version of Bluejeans to connect to a single legacy (SIP/H.323/Lync) endpoint

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Under Consideration
CISCO is shutting down their free Jabber Telepresence client in favor of project squared.

Bluejeans has an opportunity. 

If Bluejeans were to provide a free version of the web client that would allow dialing to a single SIP/H.323 URI, many people would be exposed to the BlueJeans client by legacy video conferencing system owners wishing to have an end user connect to them. 

It would probably generate sales as well as once the legacy video conferencing system owners saw the usefulness of bluejeans to bring in users to their own systems, they might be more likely to buy a full subscription.

You could restrict the client so that it did not include a multipoint capability, simply the ability to dial a single legacy endpoint.

just an idea ;)
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Hi Doug - I have taken this request to a product manager who will reply. Thanks! 
Photo of Peter Verwayen - Director, Product

Peter Verwayen - Director, Product, Official Rep

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Doug, 

This is not something that we currently have on our roadmap; although, I agree that this strategy has great potential for lead generation.  If we ever start considering going down this road, we'll let you know via this thread.

Thanks!
Photo of DB Vid

DB Vid

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
thanks!
Photo of Stephen Vobbe

Stephen Vobbe

• 60 Points
Starleaf allows guest users to call SIP and h.323 for free. Just send me an email and I'll invite you.