E164 being set & Codec Name not being recognised

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Hi

Here in Newcastle we currently use Cisco codecs and we have an E164 number set for use internally, but we also set the codec name.

Everything works ok, but when we connect to a BlueJeans call - via direct IP, the E164 number is picked up and displayed rather than the codec name, making it difficult for participants to know who we are, if we connect via the gatekeeper here in Newcastle it works correctly, but the quality is severely degraded using this method.

I've reported this, waiting for a possibility or ETA of any fix, but wondered if anyone else had come across this and had any ideas how to fix it.

Thanks

Ian
Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

• 1,026 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Community Team

Community Team, Community Admin

• 5,652 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ian - Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! I see you're working directly with our engineers on this issue. Hopefully other customers will search and see this topic and offer their thoughts. Additionally, we are having our Systems Engineer weighing in here soon. Stay tuned! 
Photo of Sean Simmons

Sean Simmons, Official Rep

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ian,
Is it possible to have your endpoint dial in to Blue Jeans via the SIP protocol instead of H.323?  If so, the DisplayName field under the SIP profile will be the name that shows up in the call.  Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Sean
Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

Thanks Sean

I never thought of that, will have a try tomorrow and see what happens!
Photo of Community Team

Community Team, Community Admin

• 5,652 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ian - let us know your results, if you don't mind. Thanks!
Photo of Bernie Cheng

Bernie Cheng, Manager, Customer Support and Solutions

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ian,

There is a bug in Cisco TC firmware that prevents E.164 number in H.323Alias field from being populated in the H.245 messages, leading to systems' ip address being displayed by default.  We were told that this bug is addressed in the upcoming TC 7.2 release.  Please give it a try when it becomes available.  

Hope this helps!
-Bernie 
Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

Thanks Bernie, will give that a try! thanks for the information, I've been pestering Cisco for a while too!
Photo of Ian Grunhut

Ian Grunhut, Champion

Hi Bernie

I thought I'd posted here but can't see it in the thread, this was fixed in the 7.2 firmware, but is broken again in the 7.3 firmware! Unfortunately we can't dial in via sip, is there anything that can be done at the bluejeans end?

Thanks

Ian