chrome plugin won't run on Chrome x64

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Message: "Sorry, 64-bit web browsers are unsupported. Please run the 32-bit version of Chrome."

This needs fixing ASAP, I'm not going to run a special browser just for a BJ meeting. 
Photo of Margaret Leber

Margaret Leber

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • fed up with BJ

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Karen Huffman

Karen Huffman, Champion

• 1,972 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes, agreed. This will be a problem for us if not fixed in future released of BJ plugin.
Hi Margaret - I am sure you saw our Customer Success Engineer's response on the other thread but wanted to repost here just in case:

Hi Margaret,

Chrome x64 is on our dev teams radar.  Please stay tuned on a supported date for this feature.  I will also add you to the feature tracker request.

Thank you
Photo of Arnaud

Arnaud

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Brittany

Can you also add mo to the feature tracker request please?
Thanks
Photo of Community Team

Community Team, Community Admin

• 5,652 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
@Arnaud - Sure thing, we got you and will update this thread for the other folks following it. 
Photo of Arnaud

Arnaud

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Chrome Mac 64 bit plugin.

Hi

Chrome 64 bit is now available in beta, not Canary version anymore. Do you plan to update the plugin for this soon or when it's out of beta?
FYI at the moment there is some sort of loop you install the plugin, the page refreshes and you're asked to install the plugin again.

Thanks
Photo of Karen Huffman

Karen Huffman, Champion

Google just posted about date when Chrome 64 bit will be available on Macs in November and will not support 32 bit NPAPI. See http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2014/09/google-chrome-64-bit-for-mac-and-windows.html
Thanks Karen for keeping everyone up to date on Chrome 64-bit - we sure appreciate it! 
Photo of Jamie Gibson

Jamie Gibson

• 60 Points
Any update to when Bluejeans will support Chrome 64-bit ?
Photo of Community Team

Community Team, Community Admin

• 5,652 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jamie - We are aiming to have this by the end of 2014. This is the first place that will be notified when that date firms up. Thanks for your patience!
Photo of Karen Huffman

Karen Huffman, Champion

It appears that Mac/Chrome 64-bit now will work based on this topic https://community.bluejeans.com/bluejeans/topics/google-chrome-update-11-20-14-npapi-based-plugin-ch... but I haven't see Windows/Chrome 64-bit working yet. Is end of 2014 still the aim for getting Blue Jeans to work on Windows/Chrome 64-bit?
Photo of Brittany Lucero - Community Manager, BJN
Official Response
Hi Karen - Just spoke with the engineering team: it sounds like BJN support for Chrome over Windows 64-bit is coming by end of December. Thanks!
Photo of Karen Huffman

Karen Huffman, Champion

Wonderful -- just around the corner. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date.
Photo of Philip - Lead Engineer

Philip - Lead Engineer, Customer Success Team

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Karen,

We now support 64 bit Chrome under Windows and the Mac OS.

This was introduced shortly before our 2.9 release in December based on Chromes update to the 64 bit platform.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions

Thank you
(Edited)
Photo of Arjan Leeuwen

Arjan Leeuwen

• 60 Points
Hi,

Will you release a Pepper version of the plugin? Chrome 41 has disabled NPAPI plugins by default on Windows and Mac.
Photo of Philip - Lead Engineer

Philip - Lead Engineer, Customer Success Team

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Arjan,

Great question.

I am checking with our Product team and will circle back with you once they respond back.

Thank you and have a great weekend
Photo of Oleg Fortun

Oleg Fortun

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello! I want to say thank you for letting us know it was now available. I am successfully using the plugin with 64-Bit Chrome on my Windows 7 OS.
Photo of Karen Huffman

Karen Huffman, Champion

I've been using it as well; appears to be working well.