Celebrating our Community Champions!

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
This month, I am introducing our Meet the Champions series which features our #AWESOME community experts. In this series, we’ll learn more about who they are and what makes them exceptional at what they do. There are several members who dedicate many hours that make our community so great!

We are kicking the series off with our longtime member and partner, Ash Azzopardi from Red Hat.

IMG_1249JPG

Many of you know Ash already from his active community participation over the last 3 years. For those of you who don’t, here’s his profile.

Profilejpg

Yes, you are reading that correctly, over 5000 points! You can see his responses everywhere throughout the community threads and it is truly remarkable how much time  and energy Ash has devoted to answering questions and providing ideas/suggestions to enhance the BlueJeans experience. I recently got a chance to sit down with Ash to discuss his thoughts on the BlueJeans community experience.

Q: Can you describe how you engage with BlueJeans?

Ash: I work with BlueJeans to understand where the company is headed to help me stay ahead of the technology curve, whether it is video communications, office/business process systems or even the merging of these technologies to ultimately increase end user productivity.

Q: How are you using the BlueJeans Community for your needs?

Ash: I find the community a very valuable resource for collaborating with my peers in other industries, sharing tips, and swapping ideas on how I can optimally use BlueJeans today. I am looking for common ground on how to centralize video communications requirements or even proliferate the adoption of video via non traditional methods.  This is where I can make use of the community to see how others are solving these issues.

It has been encouraging to see my colleagues at Red Hat feel empowered to reach out to the BlueJeans community directly for information. We are learning a lot from our peers in the community who come from education and healthcare verticals, specifically around best practices in eLearning for video communications.

Q: What are your passions outside work?

Ash: I’ve been married to my lovely wife for 10 years, and we have two beautiful girls. Recently I have been teaching them how to swim and ride bikes. I am an avid rugby player as I am originally from UK and played the sport all the way from school to adult league. There is a good integration program between college grads and rugby teams in North Carolina. I recently participated in a 5K color run which was a lot of fun. Participants just have to turn up wearing white clothes and get ready to get spattered with paint as they complete the run!

IMG_0855JPG

********************************************************************************************************

THANK YOU Ash for making the BlueJeans Community amazing! We appreciate all that you do.
Photo of Nihal Mirashi

Nihal Mirashi

• 876 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Be the first to post a reply!