Can we increase playback speed on recordings?

• Idea
  • Updated 10 hours ago
  • Under Consideration
I have received the following question :

"Hey Ash,

I love the playback feature in Blue Jeans like how you
can see the attendees and chat and be able to zoom back and forth on people and screen sharing.  That's great!

Being able to play videos back at 1.5 or 2x would be ideal.  Do a 60 min meeting in 30 mins.  I do that all the time with audio bridge mp3s, podcasts, and YouTube presentations...

http://lifehacker.com/5993156/watch-lectures-in-half-the-time-with-youtubes-html5-player
"

thoughts?

thanks
Photo of Ash Azzopardi

Ash Azzopardi, Champion

• 5,978 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of VD

VD, !Engineer!

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ash,

While streaming it is not possible as if now, however downloading the recording and playing it on  separate software, like VLC player   lets you modify the play back speed.

Regards
//VD
Photo of Ash Azzopardi

Ash Azzopardi, Champion

Yes, but you can reply recordings, which is what im referring to. we cant use VLC either due to patent issues ;)
Photo of VD

VD, !Engineer!

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yes so when you replay the recording. media gets streamed from our streaming server, so the output play rate would depend on media stream rate. media stream rate is directly proportional to network condition. Thus, we cannot control the play rate.

Secondly, if file is present locally on machine, you can easily modify  output play rate as media stream rate does not depend on network. :)

Regds
//VD 
Photo of Ash Azzopardi

Ash Azzopardi, Champion

While i understand you cannot do this today, i am simply asking for a feature request on your current playback feature set - hence the link to how the youtube html5 player does it. I want one tool that solves all my problems ;) I would also like the replay to be in html5 instead of flash. flash is bad mmkay... :P
Photo of Brett Smith

Brett Smith

• 2,672 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
@Ash - we will share this with product as a request for future and reply back with their plans to migrate tp html5 (if any).
Photo of Bash

Bash

• 60 Points
Hello,

Any updates on this? It would be perfect if we could also play back at different speeds.
Photo of James Hartley

James Hartley

• 60 Points
+1 would love to have different (faster) playback speeds, makes it a lot easier to share information and onboard new employees
Photo of Harry Ma

Harry Ma

• 60 Points
+1 for this feature.
Photo of Brad Ellis

Brad Ellis

• 60 Points
Yep, you should really have this feature.  Pretty basic stuff.
Photo of Nigel Reed

Nigel Reed

• 60 Points
+1
Photo of Vector

Vector

• 60 Points
+1
Photo of Marco Carvalho

Marco Carvalho

• 60 Points
+0.0000000001   (to account for depreciation of a +1 from 4 years ago)
Seriously, any chances of this being implemented? 
Photo of Stephen Boesch

Stephen Boesch

• 60 Points
I NEED this.
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,556 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Stephen,

I have added you to the list of users requesting this feature.

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Irina Gulina

Irina Gulina

• 60 Points
Any update on this one, please? BTW, I don't see it's possible to download someone's recording, but only recordings of my own meetings.