BlueJeans Outlook Add-in changes text format when sending meeting invite

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
How to reproduce issue:

Open Outlook
Go to Calendar - Click New Meeting
Click Add Blue Jeans Meeting Details to this appointment
Update meeting description (using html formating, like bullets or color)
Send

Problem:
BlueJeans would remove all text formating in email description

Expected behavior:
After sending Meeting invite, formated text stays the same
Photo of Sebastien Gervais

Sebastien Gervais

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Sagar@bjnsupport

Sagar@bjnsupport

• 466 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Sebastien,

I tried to reproduce the issue and it worked as expected behavior"formatted text stays the same". I am using latest Outlook Add-in(Ver 3.2.388). May i know your Outlook and Bluejeans Outlook Add-in version? 

Regards 
Photo of Sebastien Gervais

Sebastien Gervais

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi,
I have Outlook 2013 (Microsoft Office Professional 2013) and BlueJeans Version 3.2.388.

I think the problem occur on recurring meetings. When scheduling a recurring meeting, the text formating goes away, when clicking the Blue Jeans button and sending meeting invite. It seems to work fine on one time meeting.

Can you try to reproduce and let me know?

Sagar@bjnsupport

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for the update,

I will try and revert back to you.

Thanks

Sagar@bjnsupport

Hi Sebastien,

We tried reproducing and it worked as expected behavior "formatted text stays the same" with recurring meeting as well. may I know if you are editing the text within the outlook or have copy pasted it from a different application (For ex: MS word)?

Thanks
Photo of ECI Admin

ECI Admin

• 60 Points
Having a similar issue with this.  It's a Blue Jeans meeting in Outlook 2010.  When copy/pasting from a Word document into Meeting invite it changes random font items after sending the email. 
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,074 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Depending on the version of the add-in you are currently on, it will format the text to not appear how you pasted it. We do have beta access to our Outlook add-in version 4.1 that should resolve this issue.

If you would like access to the beta, please send an email to: OutlookLA@bluejeans.com requesting access.

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Diane SEVRIN

Diane SEVRIN

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I'm having a similar issue regarding the encoding in the invitations I send from Outlook 2016: the text is in French and looks like this before I send the invitation : "é" are correctly displayed.

Pour joindre la réunion d'ordinateur ou d'un téléphone mobile: https://bluejeans.com/XXXXX?src=calendarLink

Diane vous a invité à une visioconférence.

and when I send it, all participants receive it with encoding errors caracters as you can see below: "é" are replaced by "ï¿1⁄2".

Pour joindre la rï¿1⁄2union d'ordinateur ou d'un tï¿1⁄2lï¿1⁄2phone mobile: https://bluejeans.com/XXXXX?src=calendarLink

Diane vous a invitï¿1⁄2 ï¿1⁄2 une visioconfï¿1⁄2rence.

Could you please let me know how to avoid this issue? The plugin version I'm using is 4.0.710.

Thank you
Regards
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

Hello Diane,

This issue is a known bug on our end with the 4.0.x versions of the Outlook add-in that we have fixed in our upcoming 4.1 release. You can request access to this add-in by emailing OutlookLA@bluejeans.com.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to assist!

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Diane SEVRIN

Diane SEVRIN

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I just got the new version of the add-in and it solved my case. Thank you
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

I am glad to hear it resolved the issue! Please do not hesitate to reach back out if you ever have questions/concerns/comments.

Have a great day!
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of Yohann Guiot

Yohann Guiot

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Hello,

i had the same problem, i just sent an email to have the new add-in version.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

Hello Yohann,

Please let us know the results of the new add-in!

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support
Photo of eli321

eli321

• 60 Points
Hi,

I'm seeing a similar issue. I'm using version 4.3.325 of the add-in with Outlook 2016. 

Steps:
1) Create meeting in Outlook
2) Write out your email (default is HTML using Calibri 11 font)
3) Click the Add a Meeting button
4) Send
5) Review the sent message, and the format has been changed to rich text, Arial 12 font

Thanks,
Eli
Photo of Priyank BJN_Support

Priyank BJN_Support, Official Rep

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Eli

Thanks for reaching out to us. I will be working on this issue with you and dropping an email shortly. 

Regards,
Priyank