Blue Jeans App can Side Bar disapear?

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
Hello

I would like to have a full screen of the blue Jeans app with out the tool bar on the side. Is it possible to hide the tool bar?

Best regards
Photo of Thomas Krummenacher

Thomas Krummenacher

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,136 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Thomas,

This is something that is currently not possible with our current BlueJeans App.

We are working on a new application that I can confirm no longer has the sidebar for menu options. In the coming months, it will start to be released for early access so stay tuned!

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support

Thomas Krummenacher

Thanks Lee, looking forward to the update ;-)

Is it possible to remove the name bar on the bottom?

The quality of the picture is depending on the camera which is used on the otherside? If this is an HD Camera will the boadcasted image be an HD Picture?

Regards Thomas
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,044 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Thomas,

We do not have a way to remove the name bar from your video image in a meeting, I do apologize!

As for the quality of the video, it is dependant on a few different things:
  1. Camera - Cameras that can support HD video has a better chance of sending HD video to other participants.
  2. CPU - Sending and receiving HD video and content can be taxing on devices with older processors. Make sure to have all other background applications closed while in a meeting to give your CPU a better chance at sending/receiving high-quality video.
  3. Bandwidth - Having a reliable network is key in sending and receiving high-quality video. You will want to make sure you have a stable connection to your network to be able to consistently stream HD video.
There are other contributing factors that come into play as well. For example, you can have an optimal setup for video conferencing but if your remote user has an older model computer or not so great network connection, they will receive audio and video at a lower quality than you are sending.

I hope you find this information useful, let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Regards,
Lee - BlueJeans Support

Thomas Krummenacher

Hello Lee

Thank you for the quick answers, really a great support!

Last question, what minimal Bandwidth do suggest? is 4M (4Mbps) enough?

Regards Thomas
Photo of Lee Snyder

Lee Snyder, Official Rep

• 5,044 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Thomas,

The minimum bandwidth for SD video is 384kbps. For HD video, we want to see at least 1mbps, so 4mbps should suffice.

Regards,
Lee- BlueJeans Support