Application sharing

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Does BJN have the ability to share applications only, rather than the whole desktop?
Photo of John Parfitt

John Parfitt

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tedd Fox

Tedd Fox, Official Rep

• 3,690 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
#staytuned On the roadmap!

@teddfox
John  - Have you seen the update here? You can now choose what you want to share vs the whole desktop. Take a look and let me know what you think!
Photo of Ash Azzopardi

Ash Azzopardi, Champion

• 5,978 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Application sharing and chrome both not working on Linux - Really should update the release notes to say the linux functionality is being locked in the cupboard until later ;) We still dont have the floating video window while screen sharing either.
@ash Sorry about missing that clarification around Linux.  We will make sure our Knowledge Base calls this out! 
Photo of Mike Levine

Mike Levine

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Brittany,  I just got asked this question from one of our users.  Seems similar to this subject.  Any update:

Granularity of sharing controls.  Being able to share specific documents/apps rather than the whole screen is important, especially if the screen also contains confidential info that shouldn't be broadcast. That's a recipe for some "oops" moments (sorry, didn't realize I had those payroll/appraisal files open and visible).

Thanks,  Mike
Photo of Philip - Lead Engineer

Philip - Lead Engineer, Customer Success Team

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike,

Just checking, is this question in reference to Linux support of the application sharing feature we introduced in the 2.9 release ?

Let me know

Thank you
Photo of Mike Levine

Mike Levine

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Phillip,

Hi just the ability to share applications in general.  Send attachments?  Not really my question but one of my engineers.

Thanks,  Mike
Photo of Philip - Lead Engineer

Philip - Lead Engineer, Customer Success Team

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thank You, Mike

In our 2.9 release back in Jan we introduced the ability to choose what opened applications you would like to share instead of just the entire desktop.  However we do not have the ability to send attachments.  You can find out more information about application sharing along with other updates in the "Whats New" Section under Support on our website http://bluejeans.com/support

Please let me know if you have any other questions 

Thanks, Philip

Photo of Ash Azzopardi

Ash Azzopardi, Champion

• 5,978 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This is still not available in Linux :(