AAC at 64 Kb/s instead of 32Kb/s G.722.1

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
64 Kb AAC sounds better than 32Kb/s G.722.1 audio. 

Why does bluejeans use that instead of the better 64Kb/s AAC? Any possibility of switching to AAC in the future?

Note 722 does not sound BAD ;) but after being used to AAC with jabber, webex and CISCO VTC systems one does get spoiled in the audio department.
Photo of DB

DB

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brant Jameson

Brant Jameson

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Bluejeans currently uses the AAC-LC codec for our video sharing feature and is currently developing/evaluating the AAC-LD codec for use in our MeetMe product.  Details regarding the date this improvement can be expected are a bit unclear at the moment, but support for this codec is under development.
(Edited)
Photo of DB

DB

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
When you say AAC-LC currently do you mean when using the Browser? I Noticed G.722.1 when I connected to a bluejeans meating with Jabber Video for Telepresence (MOVI). 
Photo of Brant Jameson

Brant Jameson

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sorry if I was unclear in my original post, our browser client will make use of two different audio codecs while operating. During normal meeting situations the Opus codec will be used, during video sharing events the AAC-LC codec will be used.  Jabber will currently use the G722.1 codec for both situations.  We're currently investigating the use of the AAC-LD with our service, which may allow Jabber to use this codec, although as previously stated, we're not 100% clear on how and when this feature will be integrated into our service.